Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Coolio's Spicy Chicken

STAL actually yanked this recipe out of my people magazine.
It's called Coolio's Chicken
4 1lbs chicken wings and drum sticks
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
4 cloves garlic, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 4.5 oz can chopped green chili's
2 10 oz cans condensed cream of chicken soup
2 - 3 green bell peppers, chopped
preheat oven 400
place chicken in a large bowl and sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. add balsamic vinegar, garlic and onions, and mix thoroughly.
stir in green chili's, soup and bell peppers. Divide chicken and sauce between 2 baking dishes.
bake until chicken is extremely tender and almost falling off the bone, about 50-60 minutes.

The tired, haggard and unprepared version (my version)
4 chicken thighs.
seasoning salt
salt and pepper
3/4 balsamic vinegar
teaspoon of already chopped garlic
1/2 can of small can of chopped jalapeno peppers (use whole can if daring)
1 can of cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 1/2 green bell peppers
I was a lil weary of the two dish thing; considering I make such a mess when I cook, why not one container?  but I did it anyway. I think it helps brown the chicken better.
I don't have a picture of it for you, STAL ate every single bit by the next morning.
Happy cooking!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment